Please visit the PCHS Events & Athletics calendar for more information.
- 9/17, Mon: Closed - Code 1 (offices open @10AM)
New Teacher meeting, @3:30, SBO
- 9/18, Tues: Closed - Code 1 (offices open @10AM)
Graduation Supplies Orders, all 3 lunches 11:45AM -1:45PM,Commons New Teacher Chat, @3:30, Conf Rm 1 Faculty & Staff Advisory Mtg (w/ Dr. Siers), @4PM, SBO
- 9/19, Wed:
Midterms are sent home
- Shelter-In-Place Drill, @9AM, Campus-wide (see below)
- Extension Day Schedule: all remaining seniors to complete MajorClarity components
- POSTPONED until Wed, Oct. 3: Investments In Learning Assembly (see below)
- Promethean Board training, @2PM, Cougar Den
- 9/20, Thurs:
- Midterms are sent home
- Distribution of PCHS Faculty Chromebooks, all blocks, Library
- 9/21, Fri:
- Homecoming Guest Forms are due to the front office (see below)
- Picture Day
- Graduation Supplies Orders (make-up day), all 3 lunches 11:45AM -1:45PM,Commons
- PCHS United Way Campaign ends
- Growing the Future Talent Show Auditions, @3:30-5:30, Little Theater. See Mr. McCoy for more info
- Cougar Crazies' Theme: Tie Dye at Cave Spring (Bogle Field), 7PM
School-wide Shelter-In-Place has been rescheduled for Wednesday, September 13th at 9AM. This drill, much like fire and tornado drills, is designed to protect the safety of our students and staff by preparing them to respond calmly and effectively in the case of a real emergency. Please take this opportunity to have valuable discussions with your child about safety during any emergency situation. Please be assured that student safety is always of the greatest importance for the entire PCHS staff.
The Investments in Learning Assembly
has been rescheduled for Wednesday, October 3, 2018. During this assembly the faculty and staff of Pulaski County High School will honor the students who have achieved high academic standards and/or perfect attendance during the previous school year. The Class of 2019 nominees for the Most Valuable Cougar will also be named. The Most Valuable Cougar is the highest recognition given to a student by our school. Nominees were chosen by the senior class and the winner of the Most Valuable Cougar award will be revealed at the Senior Awards Assembly in May 2019.
The assembly will conclude with the Graduation Excitement Campaign. During this $100 cash give-away, any student who passed an end-of-course SOL test or an Industry Credential in the previous school year will have their name entered in to the drawing. Our goal this year is to give out 70 awards or $7,000 in student incentives. Please contact Mrs. Alger (643-0230) if you are interested in donating to this campaign.
Homecoming Guest Forms can be found in the front office. These forms must be completed in full for any Homecoming guest who is not enrolled at PCHS. The deadline to submit forms to Mrs. Alger in the front office is Friday, September 21. The Homecoming Game is Friday, September 28 vs. Hidden Valley and the Homecoming Dance is Saturday, September 29.
September is Attendance Awareness Month